Sunday, May 18, 2008

Progress maybe?

Yay! I just woke up from a (long) nap feeling mostly human! Now if I could just stop having the long naps twice plus a day (When the cravings get really insane) I would be on a roll.
I actually have faith that I'm going to manage to quit now that the worst of it is over (I hope!)! I have been praying and trying to think positively a lot.

Today I actually managed to get most of a new skin done in SL. She's really pretty. If I'm not too lazy I will post a picture of her here sometime. Though, the next will probably already be done before I think about it.

I need to actually think of something to do to get out and into some sunlight. Unfortunately, quitting everything most people here do for entertainment kind of leaves me at a loss. All those "cool" friends I had around here are nowhere to be found now that I've said "I don't care to go to the pub anymore." At least I was able to afford this shiny new computer that doesn't crash on me every 20 minutes because I wasn't spending all my money on "entertainment" I could barely remember, right?

That kind of goes back to my first post about most of my friends being online. Pretty much everybody that means anything to me communicates with me here. Even my own mother uses ICQ to speak to me instead of calling! Of course, there are the wonderful people I've met online. My two best girl-friends and Bob being the most notable, but I love all my friends. Oh... And a few of the "good ones" from back home still talk to me on MSN and ICQ. Unfortunately, I find myself wanting to kill every one of them most of the time except for Justin and Alan. (I just want to kill them occasionally.)

I guess I asked for no real-life friends by kind of falling out of the "scene" and not being over-eager to go out and find new ones, but honestly, the people in this area have been a serious disappointment. I've thought about church, but I'm not quite sure which one I'd fit into here. So, I figure for now why not just stick with my friends online? I mean, millions of people I can have an intelligent, or at least mostly coherent conversation with? (Though I've narrowed my choices for whom to do that with down to about 10-15).

Ahh well! Enough complaining for now! Wait, was that complaining? Nah... I wasn't complaining! Just stating the facts. Be back later, hopefully with something better to write about.

No comments: